I’m going to be honest, this recipe was kind of made up on the fly. Because I tend to feel really awful when I’ve eaten tomatoes. I’m really sensitive to certain nightshade vegetables. So I was planning to make a chili mac dish for lunch but I needed one that doesn’t require tomatoes. Which made me think of white chicken chili with a vegetarian spin.
Become a subscriber to receive free printables! Create your own food journal.
Vegetarian White Chili Mac
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 2 15oz Cans White Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4oz Can Diced Green Chiles
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 8.8oz Box Gluten Free Pasta cooked to package instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook an additional three to four minutes.
- Add the beans, green chiles, spices, lime juice, and vegetable stock. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked gluten free pasta. If preparing for meal prep, divide between meal prep containers and refrigerate until ready to heat and enjoy.
Find the Ingredients
This page contains affiliate links. This means for any purchase made, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
New subscribers get access to free food journal printables. Sign up today!