Perfectly easy weeknight dinner
This is a perfect meal for a weeknight dinner. It’s quick and easy to prepare and it’s perfect comfort food. I like the texture of combining wild rice with quinoa. I find it more interesting than traditional wild rice blends and the quinoa adds additional protein. This also helps keep the dish gluten free.
Become a subscriber to receive free printables! Create your own food journal.
Chicken with Mushrooms and Wild Rice
- 4 Chicken Thighs bone in, skin on
- 1 Onion diced
- 8oz Baby Bella Mushrooms stems removed, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Quinoa cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup Wild Rice cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet with high sides, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides, until the skin is golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until softened, about five minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook an additional five minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and wild rice and the thyme. Stir to combine. Top with the chicken. Add the vegetable stock and wine. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and allow to cook approximately 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Find the Ingredients
This page contains affiliate links. This means for any purchase made, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
New subscribers get access to free food journal printables. Sign up today!