A little sweet, a little heat, and perfect for weeknight dinner
This is a perfect recipe for an easy weeknight meal. I chose to oven roast my chicken thighs but this could easily be adapted for the grill.
When preparing your chicken thighs for the oven, be sure to pat the skin dry before seasoning, to ensure it crisps. I allow the chicken to cook for about 20 minutes before I start adding the glaze. Don’t glaze the chicken from the start because the sugar in the glaze will burn easily.
I paired the chicken with a Strawberry Avocado Pasta salad. Get the link to that recipe below.
Become a subscriber to receive free printables! Create your own food journal.
Apricot Jalapeno Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam
- 1 small Jalapeno de-veined and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Coarse Ground Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat the skin of the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender, add the apricot jam, jalapeno, mustard, and vinegar. Blend until smooth.
- Bake the chicken thighs approximately 20 minutes. Baste with a light coat of the glaze and continue baking an additional 5 minutes. Repeat three more times, allowing 5 minutes between each addition of the glaze.
Find the Ingredients
This page contains affiliate links. This means for any purchase made, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Pair it with…
New subscribers get access to free food journal printables. Sign up today!